AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between analytics and adwords report for my search campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am seeing a difference between analytics and adwords report for my search campaign. I have checked all the points mentioned in https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en but still same results

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Imtiaz M
September 2015

Re: Difference between analytics and adwords report for my search camp

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Two days back on Wednesday I got the solution for this Issue. Thanks Chayanika (Google support person in India office) for helping me to overcome my AdWords problem.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Imtiaz,

Can you be little more specific about the issues you are facing? Is the discrepancy in terms of visits and clicks or what?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Let me clear this Pankaj,

Yesterday in Adwords billing summary Google deduct $118.37 against 41 clicks with 0 Credits but according Google analytics account only 21 visitors come through paid search.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
in your above link, it is already explain that why there can be difference . Adwords record Clicks while analytic record visit.
Like- if a user click on your ads and visit website and without closing his browser, if he again visit website after clicking the ads 2nd time, then adwords record 2 clicks which analytic will report 1 visit.

In your above link, expand +Discrepancy in clicks and visit.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anil,

Yes, in link it is mentioned but as I check 2-3 month back account history, comparison shows that difference between adword clicks and analytics visitors in only in small numbers (2-3) but now it is 50% (41 and 21)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

In addition to what Anil said above, let me give you the exact screenshot from the reference link (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en) showing difference between both products (Adwords and Analytics):

Data.jpg

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I already have auto-tagging on and 0 invalid clicks in billing summary and for same IP visitors I have received the clicks through out the day not in a single hour

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

You can contact Adwords support if you want and ask them to explain charges to you...

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj

I contact with Google support team and they are back on this issue and as they found some solution they will inform
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Imtiaz M
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Two days back on Wednesday I got the solution for this Issue. Thanks Chayanika (Google support person in India office) for helping me to overcome my AdWords problem.