AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between Search Impression Share and Auction Insights Impression Share

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First of all I'm talking about a Shopping Campaign.
My question is about the impression share shown in the auction insights report. I have difference between the Search Impression Share at adgroup level shown in the Adwords interface, and the Impression Share on Auction Insights of that particular adgroup. In one the Search Impression Share shown in the Adwords interface is 36%. Howver in the auction insight report its 86%. Just want to understand why there is a difference???

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 15.22.22.pngSearch Impression Share at adgroup labelScreen Shot 2016-11-30 at 15.22.38.pngSelect auction insight for that AdgroupScreen Shot 2016-11-30 at 15.22.46.pngAuction Insights and new Impresion Share

1 Expert replyverified_user

Difference between Search Impression Share and Auction Insights Impression Share

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gonzalo R;

The estimated number of auctions in which the ad(s) is /are eligible to be shown, is calculated differently;

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I still don't understand the difference between these 2 metrics. 

The search impression share is the impressions you’ve received on the Search Network divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive. 

And the auctions is: “Impression share” is the number of impressions you received divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.

Almost the same definition.... I believe no one really knows this doubt

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

>>"Impression share for Shopping campaigns is calculated similarly to text ads. However, this metric considers that multiple Shopping ads from the same advertiser can show at the same time. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’