AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between Headline and clicks-to-call Clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have  Text Ads setup with call extentions and i set the device preference to mobile and i also increased the mobile Bids by %300

But, 

For example:

if i had 10 clicks when i segment by click type,

it shows Headline clicks: 9

Mobile clicks-to-call clicks: 1

People who clicked on the headline got redirected to my website? Because so far i only got one Phone Call hence the Mobile clicks-to-call clicks: 1

am i missing smoething here?

Re: Difference between Headline and clicks-to-call Clicks?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Yes it is possible that also you had those 9 clicks from desktop impressions.

To clarify use the Segment = Device and check if you have 8 clicks from desktops.

In all my "mobile ad groups" even if I set a low bid for desktops , lower than the "first page bid" and +300 % for mobiles, most impressions and clicks still go to desktops, it is impossible to setup a perfect ad group which directs all traffic to mobiles unless you use the Display network and choose only the Device targeting from a limited range of devices.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i just checked all clicks are on Mobile devices with full browsers and only 1 on tablets.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you use the setting "Just the phone number" or "Both my website and the phone number" ?

Also call extensions do not appear all the time near the text Ads, you have to rank high enough, positions 1 or 2.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just the phone number , ad rank is the problem then, my average position is 3
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fakhri A
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The explanation is found here , low on the page after expanding "your call extensions... aren't appearing" :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3364314?hl=en&rd=1

call-extensions-do-not-appear.png