AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Difference between API and web reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am currently working with the AdWords API and can successfully bring data down. I am trying to download data that matches a report that exists in the web reporting, however, although column names such as CampaignStatus might look the same, they've got different values i.e. the web reporter will have 'Eligible' whereas the downloaded data will have Enabled. Is there meant to be a difference?

I've spent nearly 3 days going through the columns that are in the API documentation can't find a report that directly correlates to a report that I can create in the web interface. Does the web interface simply allow for easier joining of the data?

Regards,

Dave

1 Expert replyverified_user

Difference between API and web reporting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David,

There will always be data discrepancies depending on dates, times and data refresh times which will be different for the API. However, in general, the data should match as long as you're reporting on a date that's over 24-48 hours. 

If you're seeing drastic differences, please post a comparison of the data over on the AdWords API forum and you'll have a bigger pool of potential candidates to assist you as the API isn't covered on this community. It can be reached over here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-api