AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Difference Between Clicks and Users in Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Could anyone help me regarding the discrepancies between clicks and users in google analytics. In the month of January my clicks were 61975 but when i compared with the users it shows only 48659 (Source/Medium - Google/CPC). Why the users are so less than clicks, what could be the issue behind this? Any help would be much appreciated. 

Regards,

Shazen Khan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shazen
September 2015

Re: Difference Between Clicks and Users in Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sazen,

As my understanding, you must check https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Clicks-vs-Visits-Data-Discrepancies-Between-An... where Kathleen provided discrepancies in detail.

Typically, The number of visits to your website. A single unique visitor could be responsible for many if about an hour passes between them taking action (eg they leave your website open on a tab in their browser and forget about it until they click on it an hour later).

My 2 cents!

Hope this helps. Please let us know for any issue with it.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shazen
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sazen,

As my understanding, you must check https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Clicks-vs-Visits-Data-Discrepancies-Between-An... where Kathleen provided discrepancies in detail.

Typically, The number of visits to your website. A single unique visitor could be responsible for many if about an hour passes between them taking action (eg they leave your website open on a tab in their browser and forget about it until they click on it an hour later).

My 2 cents!

Hope this helps. Please let us know for any issue with it.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Shazen,

In case you are referring to differences between clicks in AdWords and sessions in Google Analytics, there could be many reasons for that. One of the example could be user clicked on your ad, but before the user reached your website, the page was closed by the user due to one reason or another.

Similarly, there are other discrepancies as well, which you can read and apply to your particular case: 

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Kandarp,

Thanks for the useful link that you've shared. Yes it helps us to some extent Smiley Happy

Regards,
Shazen Khan

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your help, but i was worried about users and clicks. I know the difference between sessions and clicks. Smiley Happy

Regards,
Shazen Khan

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Thanks for clarifying Shazen Smiley Happy