AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Destination URL report has 30% less clicks than "All campaigns"

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am looking at an account for 1-31 March 2015. Under "All online campaigns" , "Campaigns tab" I have a total of around 10.000 clicks .

Now when I go to the "Dimensions tab" and download the excel report with "Destination URL" for all campaigns, the total of clicks for all campaigns is around 7000. 

The Destination URL report was not filtered, all the campaigns and ad groups are there , I have checked by adding the custom columns for ad groups and campaigns.

I can understand that by segmenting "Click type" around 200 clicks are not on the "Headline" (leading to the website" , some are on the mobile click to call or sitelinks.

What can cause this discrepancy of 30% less clicks in the "Destination URL report" ?

Does this happen in other accounts too if you look at the total clicks for March 2015 ?

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Destination URL report has 30% less clicks than "All campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
The destination URL report is per landing page. Could it be that you directed part of the tarfic to a different URL?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

No redirects are involved. I would expect all clicks on "headline" to match the number of total clicks on "Destination URLs" as they lead to the advertised domain.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
It appears like the discrepancy could be cause by Ads set with Final URL instead of Destination URL. The URL upgrade will make the Destination URL useless. Why don't we get also a report for Final URLs ?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

A report for final URL would definitely be a good idea. 

I tried a report for destination URL in one of my accounts and found that clicks which are not counted in this report are actually for Call-Only campaigns. Obviously, they do not have destination URLs.

There may be a similar case with your Adrian ?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

No this is not the case I never used Call Only Ads in this account. Anyway I checked the segment "Call type" and clicks on "mobile click to call" segment only has around 100 clicks.