AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Demographics - reliable? Can I use value tracking to check?

[ Edited ]
am
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
am
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am using value tracking as well as demographics. I want to get the specific age category (of demographics) for each conversion so that I can check the accuracy of demographics (users fill their age in the inquiry form and hence I can match the age category as provided by demographics vs the age filled by the user).

Is there a way to get this using value tracking or any other method?

Thanks

am

Re: Demographics - reliable? Can I use value tracking to check?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hey

Now this is really interesting Smiley Happy

You cant really track age directly in any of value track parameters But if you have diffrent adcopies for diffrent ages, which ideally you should have, then you can use  value track parameter  {creative} to track click was made from which adcopy and then you can track it back to the age.

Hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Re: Demographics - reliable? Can I use value tracking to check?

am
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
am
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Nik for your suggestion. However, it will explode the number of ads and make the account unmanageable. Any other ideas?

Do you think demographics is accurate for gmail placements? I see lot of inconsistencies in demographics in gmail placement which is surprising.

Cheers

am