AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Demographics - Preview tool

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Can anyone give any insight to when demograpic(s) diagnostics will be rolled out to the preview tool?

Currently the preview tool is defaulted to show only results for unknown genders and the unknown age range.

Its impossible currently to see different keyword demographics using the preview tool. Very poor considering the demographic feature has been released to advertisers for 9 months.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google hasn't announced  a timeline of releasing  for this feature.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

MosheTLV,

Isnt this whole situation absolutely absurd?

Identified demographics (google search queries which can be classed as a specific gender or age) accounts for 70-80% of search queries.

However there is no accurate reporting facility available to adwords users (preview tool diagnostics or avg. position data).

Let me just say that again.......

70-80% of google search queries has no reporting on the google adwords advertising platform!!!

How on earth has this been 1) allowed to happen or 2) No solution has been implemented after 9 months sinec the demographic feature roll out?

And all the feedback available is 'Google hasn't announced  a timeline of releasing  for this feature'

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

I don't work at Google. I volunteer (as all my other  fellows)

So, I have  no answers. Once I have a chance, I can forward your concerns to the product team at Google 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Demographics - Preview tool

Not applicable
# 5
Not applicable

MosheTLV

So in your expert opinion;

How am i and all other adwords users supposed to get accurate demographic performance data considering the preview tool only supports unknown demographics

(approx only 20% of all search queries) & the google interface doesnt support a breakdown of each variation of demographic avg. position?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Currently, this metric is not available.

That said, I think there is enough data and enough metrics to analyze and optimize a campaign. In any business decisions are made without all data/ metrics  fully available. AdWords is no exception.

Re: Demographics - Preview tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been campaigning to adwords support regarding this matter for months, but there is a definite refusal to even look at rectifying this matter. So im glad more advertisers are becoming aware of whats really occuring.

Upon performing numerous tests i have found that independant Ad rank is NOT present in demographics.

Ad rank is still only being calculated at the unknown traffic level(s).

Prior to the release of demographics in september 2016  ad rank was calculated at an unknown traffic source level for a keyword, this is still the case but no independant Ad rank exists for all the other variations of demographics.

Shocking behaviour from google, so basically this results in a hightest bidder wins auction for 80% of all google searches.

What do you expect from a company who is doing all they can to boost there own profits, especially with the recent $2.4bn fine for manipulating the search results!