AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Deleting conversions for good?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to delete a few of my conversions to clean up the interface and help me find the real conversions that I'm actually using. One conversion is from a long time ago and I don't use it anymore. Another I created as a test.

Is there a way to delete conversions for good? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Deleting conversions for good?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi trhaynes,

Are you relating to conversions in AdWords?

If so, go into the tools and analysis tab > conversions and select the lists not currently being used. Change the status to deleted and they will stop tracking. You will also need to make sure the tracking code is taken off your site and replaced with the new code. This won't remove them from the previous data but it will prevent future data from being gathered :-)

Hope this has helped,

Thanks,

Liam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They're marked as Deleted but I want to completely delete them to remove them from the interface.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi trhaynes,

Google and delete do not mesh very well.  Nothing is actually ever deleted from Adwords, it's just the way it goes.  They want the historical data to be available, even when something is deleted.

Sorry I don't have better news.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hmmm, I'm not too sure then. With it being on the history of the account so it might prove difficult. I'm not sure this is possible I will do some digging or have the help from our trusty community people and I'll let you know!

Thanks,

Liam

... Thanks PPCBossman for the backup! I wasn't 100% but Google being Google I had this feeling it wasn't going to be good news.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. Makes sense. Would be nice to have a "Don't show deleted conversions" view.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

If you have named each conversion code differently you can segment by conversion action name... This will break down where your conversions have come from which is a bit more help but doesn't remove the old data...

Thanks,

Liam

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey trhaynes,

If you want to see the "active" conversions you can click on the "Tracking Status" title and then you'll have the active conversions above the deleted ones....

Cheers,

Asaf

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 9
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi trhaynes

Yes, that's correct. You can't delete conversion from your AdWords account for good. However, you can manage them in a way that the active will show above the deleted once. Just click the green round button and it will organize the conversions for you. 

Best,

Zee
G+

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

That's nice, Zee, but how about an option to show only active goals like with keywords and ads?

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords