AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Delay in AdWords Conversion Value?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up an integration so that conversions would be tracked via Salesforce. This meant setting it up so that OPPORTUNITIES in Salesforce who have reached a certain stage would be counted as a CONVERSION in AdWords. Having reached this stage means that a sales rep has qualified them AND they have been assigned a value.

This value is then supposed to be detected by AdWords and then treated as the value for the conversion.

AdWords lets you download the history of a conversion import (first screenshot) which yielded the following CSV file (second screenshot) -- note the value of (6172.50). Yet my AdWords report does not indicate any conversion value at all.

Any ideas on this? Is there some kind of lag time?

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 12.38.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 11.10.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 1.07.19 PM.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Owen
Are you still experiencing this issue?

If so, can you click on the SDR Qualified conversion link and show me what settings you have set?

Re: Delay in AdWords Conversion Value?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Dave - Thanks so much for responding! I was losing hope. Unfortunately I am still experiencing this issue, and happy to supply more screenshots. Please see the following below. Also please note that the "Expected Revenue" value of $6,172.50 IS found in the "download history" CSV that AdWords lets you download (as seen in original screenshot of the excel file).

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.19.52 AM.pngThe "Expected Revenue" field in SalesforceScreen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.14.24 AM.pngThe "Value" property in conversion settingsScreen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.14.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.14.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.14.02 AM.png

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey, Owen. Can you please check the time and date you're looking at? And also make sure everything's time-zone adjusted? I see Nov 28 in the AdWords CSV and Nov 27 in the AdWords report (in your screenshots). The conversion needs to happen within your conversion window, i.e. 30 days from the click. And AdWords assigns it on the day the click happened, not when it happened in Salesforce. Same as with Google Analytics. You click today and convert next week, the conversion will be reported today in AdWords.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Delay in AdWords Conversion Value?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi AdWiser - Thanks so much for your response! I appreciate whatever help I can get. We only have one Salesforce conversion, and that was done as a test. This means that there are really no ways for this to get mixed up due to time zone. We manually went through the process to sign up through and AdWords display ad on November 27th, and I triggered a conversion by creating a Salesforce opportunity very soon afterward on the 28th, so I don't think it was outside the 30 day conversion window either. Please see the following screenshots:

From salesforce: Only 1 Opportunity with a GCLID whose Stage = SDR qualified. Expected Revenue = $6,172.50. Created on November 28th when I set the stage to SDR qualified. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 12.46.47 PM.pngSalesforce Information

This screenshot is from the AdWords import history that Google allows me to download. Note the conversion value of $6,172.50, which matches the expected revenue. This

indicates to me that AdWords IS getting the correct info from Salesforce.

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 12.51.09 PM.png 

This screenshot shows a simple conversion report from AdWords. Based on the above screenshot, it seems that the conversion value is somehow not making it into the report. We only had one conversion in the time frame, so I think the 27th-28th discrepancy must be time zone oriented, or it must relate to the fact that the actual CLICK and the CONVERSION happened on different days, technically. Either way I do not think this would impact the conversion value.

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 1.07.39 PM.png

Would appreciate your (or anyone else's) thoughts!

Owen

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

At this stage, Owen, I have no other idea. Hopefully someone well-versed in Salesforce can chime in.

The only thing I can suggest is to either contact support and see what they can tell you or give it another try. The fact that there's a conversion recorded but no value even though everything seems to be right is strange.

Sorry for not being able to come up with something more useful.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No worries, Calin and thanks for the effort -- hopefully I can get this resolved!