AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Day parting Spreadsheet? / Mechanism? / Analyzer? / Equation?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a my day parting data organized well in tables with graphs - clients love it.

However, my up ticks and down ticks in bid adjustments are pretty arbitrary - max of 10%, but mostly 5%.

I am interested if anyone has put together some statistical modeling, perhaps using excel.  Equations that might better portend with more accuracy what bid adjustment's are optimal.

Again, I have the data organized and presentable.  I am looking for an analytical tool that might pop out recommended bid adjustments perhaps with confidence intervals, owing to data (day of the week and hour of the day) out the dimensions tab.

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Day parting Spreadsheet? / Mechanism? / Analyzer? / Equation?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

It's an interesting thought. 

Let me make sure I understand what you're asking for.

You want a program that can take past performance data and 'tag' it to identify when bid changes were made, so that the effects of those changes can be segmented. The program then needs to use that baseline data to 'predict' what bid changes (maybe) should be made going forward, along with a "prediction" of what performance results might ensue?  (And, one presumes, some kind of functionality so other performance-changing edits can be factored in?)

Added:  And do this according to the day-parting you have implemented, I should have added.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: Day parting Spreadsheet? / Mechanism? / Analyzer? / Equation?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Theresa,

You have done a better job of explaining it, yes.

I just spent two hours, and got to the 15th page of a google search on "day parting analysis" "ppc tools" and while there are plenty of references & some explanatory posts, there is nothing published as to WHAT you should.

All of us can understand the differences in what graphs make obvious. And as I noted I trim around the edges a few pct points here and there.

It would be good to have a mechanism that could review historical data that could propose adjustments.
Regards, Doug
LinkedIn