AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Data Freshness of GMail ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know when GMail ad results are "final"? I am storing the results in a database, being updated every day. I need to know which GMail results I need to ask every day, if I only need the results of yesterday or also results of more days ago, because the results changed later.

I asked this question on the AdWords API forum but got referred to here. Please check that question to get a better idea of all concerns.

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Zweitze d,

Impressions and clicks totals for a day will not change after that date, but conversion data can change at any time during your defined conversion window. The default is 30 days. So, your conversion counts and sums can change at anytime within that 30 day period.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply. My concern is the following scenario: A user sees a gmail ad, saves it, and some time later he clicks on it. I assume that that last click (a "secondary" click) is still attributed to the date of the impression.

Is that true? Even if a day passes between the save and the secondary click? What if a week passes? A year?

You state that this is the conversion window - when a user clicks after the conversion window passed, the secondary click is no longer attributed to the date of the impression of the gmail ad.

However, in AdWords I see multiple conversion types, each with a different conversion window. How do I know which conversion window is used for gmail ads?

Thanks in advance!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Got a mail requesting to appoint an accepted solution, so I think it's time to kick the question.

Anyone?