AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Data Discrepancies in the AdWords Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have noticed that the data I pull from AdWords Editor is completely different than the data I pull from my account online. Why are there discrepancies and what can I do about this?

Re: Data Discrepancies in the AdWords Editor

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Greg ! Welcome to the Community !

Please clarify at what data are you refering to : missing keywords or missing statistics ? The statistics are downloaded separately and they have to be updated to keep up with the data in adwords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am refering to clicks and impressions, when looking at ad groups

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Where in the Editor do you pull data for clicks and impressions?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@greg Try to download the entire statistics again and compare 1 on 1

@Joel  In the adwords editor you can download statistics but they are only as new as the moment when you download them , tomorrow you have to download them again to look at new data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I always run all the statistics in the editor , but that still does not explain why the data in the adwords editor is completely different than the data in adwords.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In the editor you can only download data until yesterday, in the online interface you can also look at the data from today when you select "all time" . How much is the difference and for what metrics ?

Can you try to segment your time-frames ? For example if data is different in a month, try to compare week-by-week until you find the week with the major difference, then day-by-day until you find the day with the major difference.