AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

DCO Campaign Capture Incorrect Data and Campaign Performance went down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my DCO campaign was generating good amount of conversion every day. On Last monday I have changed landing page and by mistake the conversion code placed in Landing page instead of Thank you page. Due to this error every error counted as conversion and all the bid went high. I have found this bug after 5 to 6 hours, Unfortunately it was my peak time period where I get more clicks as conversion. So Adword DCO gathered huge data. Due to this my campaign performance went down. I have tried to change the campaign in to CPC as well which is not generating the measurable impression and clicks to generate the conversion. How could I recover my campaign to set back in track. Kindly help me to fix this bug

Thanks in Advance

-Kumar

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: DCO Campaign Capture Incorrect Data and Campaign Performance went

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kumar,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

It's an interesting scenario, but definitely not a good piece of news for you. I don't think there's a way to remove those hours of pain from the AdWords History. Moreover, this change was outside AdWords, so there's no way to revert using change history. 

Only one way out for now, switch to CPC and stay with it till DCO is acting insane. Obviously, because you fed campaign history with overwhelming number of easy conversions, the system is sure to go berserk.

@PPCBossman?

Thanks

Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kumar,

That's unfortunate but I think the best you could do at this point of time is to first install the conversion tracking code on correct page (i.e. Thank you page), which I am assuming that you would have done by this time.

Now, you also switched back from DCO to manual bidding. That's another major change that you have already done. So this is surely going to disturb the equilibrium which your campaign already received in the past (when you were receiving steady conversions for your account). 

So first your campaign was doing normal, then you changed the landing page, also installed wrong conversion tracking code, then you switched from automation to manual CPC bidding.

These are all lot of drastic changes which have been implemented within short amount of time (I believe). This would surely take time before your account goes normal. I am not sure which bug you are referring to here.

My suggestion would be analyse the data in terms of Landing Page comparison (if you know the exact date when conversion tracking was installed wrongly, so that you can eliminate that one and compare the correct figures). Doing this would actually help you see which landing page worked well and which not.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj

After this problem came I have kept the campaign in DCO only till today morning. I have discussed with Google support team on call and according to their suggestion only I have changed the campaign in to CPC (Auto bid with maximum CPC bid) mode. Hence I got 10% of impression from before, but CTR is comparatively very very low.

Bug I meant the impact of conversion code error which happened in past. Of course I have fixed it in short span of time. After fixing the landing page error also I have kept the campaign in DCo for past 5 days, but there was very less impression and clickes. So that I have spoken to Google team according to their guidance i have changed the CPC mode. which is not even working.

Let me know if any thing else can be done to recover the campaign ASAP.

Thanks
Kumar