AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Customize conversion column for GA goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to import GA goals into AdWords as conversion but it would mess up with the total conversion counts.

Say I have purchase as conversion for regular search campaigns, email signup as conversions for mobile campaigns, and membership purchase as an extra conversion. While they are all setup in GA already, once import into AdWords, they are added up together as All Conversions.

How do I customize different column for specific conversion? THX

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Customize conversion column for GA goals

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ge, how are things?

You won't have the view as you are thinking right now, in terms of "different columns for different types of conversion". Adwords will work similar to GA in this. You will have the total amount of conversion, but you can later on, create and filters that helps you find where/what was that conversion.

So in Adwords, if you have two or more conversions, you should go to the desired tab, like "Campaigns", hit the button "Segments", then "Conversions, and choose the option "Conversion name". This will break every campaign for each conversion type that you have, if those campaigns received multiple conversions.

But as far as conversions goes, in terms of numbers, you will see all of them summed up.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ge,

You have to segment your conversion by it's all types, to see conversion separately. As leandrofm told, you can use segment option as campaign level as well as ad-groups, ad-copies and keywords.There will be a "+" sign at bottom of report, by expending it you can see all your conversion data separately.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the answer Leandrofm and Manoj J. Yeah I know the segment function but it is not as straight forward. Ideally we can view different kind of conversion directly from the normal campaign/ad group interface, side by side.

I asked this question on TC Summit last week and a Google Reporting PM said the customizable conversion column is already available in the UI, so I thought I might have missed something. Seems as if most users are not familiar with what that PM was talking about or there is simply a misunderstanding of "customizable column for conversions."

THANKS AGAIN!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ge G
October 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hey Ge,

Well, actually you can achieve that break down by creating your on Custom Columns.

My interface is not in English, so I hope I can break it down step-by-step for you as close as I can:

• Go to "Campaigns" Tab
  • Look for and click on the button "Columns" and then on "Modify Columns". New options will appear right below
  • Look for "Custom Column" usually at the end of the list, click on that. The menu on the right will change
  • Hit the "+Column" red button, a new window will open
  • Insert the desired Column name that you want, like "Form Subscription"
  • Hit the button "Metric" and select: "Conversion" and then "Conversions". New options will appear right below
  • Hit the "Conversions" with a little arrow on the side, and choose "Conversion Name" (click on the double arrow of it)
  • Now on the right side, you will have all of your conversion names. Select the conversion for "Form subscription" or any other
  • Save everything, Apply columns.

To break each conversion type in each column, you should create One columns for Each conversion, and then you will be able to include those columns to your data view.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Woow! That's great! Exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the help, really useful feature.