AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom report parameters of my own rather than in drop downs?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to create custom report parameters that are not in the drop downs? I want to create reports that show what % of the total clicks or impressions something is. Also I want to be able to measure what % of the total cost or % of the total CTR I want to be able to do this for individual keywords, ad groups, or categories. Is there a way to do this, and if so how do I go about it?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shire L
September 2015

Re: Custom report parameters of my own rather than in drop downs?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Shire,

Thanks for your question. You may want to try using an AdWords Reporting API. This will give you the flexibility that I think you are looking for. Does anyone else have another work around for this that they would like to share?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, I'll check into this.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shire L
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shire,

You may find the below link helpful:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454067 (Customizing your performance data)

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454072?hl=en&ref_topic=3119142 (Use Segments to Review performance data)

Cheers,
Vineesh..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great! I'll check that out!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've reviewed the suggestions, but I still don't see a way to set totally custom parameters. I only see a way to use what Google already provides. I need to take impressions and clicks and convert them into percentages of the total. Does anyone have suggestions for this?