Custom parameters on kwd level and all others on Ad level?[ Edited ]
March 2015 - last edited March 2015
my goal is to track the cost (or max cpc) of each keyword coming to my website.
1. That means I have to play a lot on keyword level, right?
So, as far as I know the solution is given from the "custom parameters" that you can add to the tracking template or final url.
In my scenario, I will use a tracking template that will save the custom parameters.
My concern is what should I fill in keyword/ad group level and what should I leave blank in keyword/ad group level
2. Can I pass the keyword cpc (or max cpc) through a custom parameter dynamically? If not dynamically, is it against the rules to write it manually ? for example shoes_cpc=020
3. For this, shall I fill the custom parameters in each keyword ?
4. If on a keyword level leave the landing page (final url) and tracking template empty, will it use the ad group values instead?
3. Shall I leave blank the "customer parameters" on ad group? If yes, it will make use of the keyword level "customer parameters" ?
Re: Custom parameters on kwd level and all others on Ad level?
I'm not sure I'm grasping what you're looking to do here. With auto-tagging, all of your AdWords data will end up in Google Analytics, including all of your cost data - at the keyword level.
Can you elaborate on what you're looking to do?
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’