AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom parameters on kwd level and all others on Ad level?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello community,

my goal is to track the cost (or max cpc) of each keyword coming to my website.

1. That means I have to play a lot on keyword level, right?

So, as far as I know the solution is given from the "custom parameters" that you can add to the tracking template or final url.
In my scenario, I will use a tracking template that will save the custom parameters.

My concern is what should I fill in keyword/ad group level and what should I leave blank in keyword/ad group level

2. Can I pass the keyword cpc (or max cpc) through a custom parameter dynamically? If not dynamically, is it against the rules to write it manually ? for example shoes_cpc=020

3. For this, shall I fill the custom parameters in each keyword ?

4. If on a keyword level leave the landing page (final url) and tracking template empty, will it use the ad group values instead?

3. Shall I leave blank the "customer parameters" on ad group? If yes, it will make use of the keyword level "customer parameters" ?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikolaides N
September 2015

Re: Custom parameters on kwd level and all others on Ad level?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nikolaides,

I'm not sure I'm grasping what you're looking to do here. With auto-tagging, all of your AdWords data will end up in Google Analytics, including all of your cost data - at the keyword level.

Can you elaborate on what you're looking to do?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikolaides N
September 2015

Re: Custom parameters on kwd level and all others on Ad level?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nikolaides,

I'm not sure I'm grasping what you're looking to do here. With auto-tagging, all of your AdWords data will end up in Google Analytics, including all of your cost data - at the keyword level.

Can you elaborate on what you're looking to do?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’