AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom parameters on kwd level and all others on Ad level?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello community,

my goal is to track the cost (or max cpc) of each keyword coming to my website.

1. That means I have to play a lot on keyword level, right?

So, as far as I know the solution is given from the "custom parameters" that you can add to the tracking template or final url.
In my scenario, I will use a tracking template that will save the custom parameters.

My concern is what should I fill in keyword/ad group level and what should I leave blank in keyword/ad group level

2. Can I pass the keyword cpc (or max cpc) through a custom parameter dynamically? If not dynamically, is it against the rules to write it manually ? for example shoes_cpc=020

3. For this, shall I fill the custom parameters in each keyword ?

4. If on a keyword level leave the landing page (final url) and tracking template empty, will it use the ad group values instead?

3. Shall I leave blank the "customer parameters" on ad group? If yes, it will make use of the keyword level "customer parameters" ?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikolaides N
September 2015

Re: Custom parameters on kwd level and all others on Ad level?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nikolaides,

I'm not sure I'm grasping what you're looking to do here. With auto-tagging, all of your AdWords data will end up in Google Analytics, including all of your cost data - at the keyword level.

Can you elaborate on what you're looking to do?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’