AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom campaigns (from URL)...I'm not seeing users tracked. What am I doing wrong?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used the Google URL builder tool to create a link to my site with parameters including Campaign Source, Medium, etc. The link works, taking me to the site. But I can't see these visits tracked in Google Analytics. Either clicks aren't being tracked, or I'm looking in the wrong place. (I'm looking in Analytics > Campaigns > All Campaigns.) I even tried a couple different IP addresseds visiting from differing geographic locations in case IPs are being filtered.

What am I doing wrong? I really don't want to have to create landing pages for each link I want to track.

Custom campaigns (from URL)...I'm not seeing users tracked. What am I doing wrong?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @David M

Can you share the landing page url here ? (you don't have to share your site url, just share the utm parameters)

Can you see these sessions in overall traffic ? By going to Acquisition > All traffic > Channels

If you are not able to see sessions their too then please make sure that GA code has been correctly implemented on your site

Regards

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You are looking at the wrong place.
You should check All Traffic, under Acquisitions.
There you will find the campaigns listed according to source/medium.

However for AdWords campaigns, you don't need utm taggings, they are tracked by gclid. You can view it under the AdWords section under Analytics.