AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom Parameters in Upgraded URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm wondering how I can add more than 3 custom parameters in upgraded URLs since there are only 3 available for each campaign in the platform.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jordi, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

You can create up to three custom parameters at any level of your account except for the account level. If your custom parameters use the same name, AdWords will use the most specific custom parameter that you create. This means that if you create a custom parameter for an ad group (e.g. {_color}=red) and a custom parameter for one of the ads within that ad group (e.g. {_color}=blue), AdWords will use the ad-level custom parameter ({_color}=blue).

I recommend looking at ValueTrack parameters to check if there are parameters that are already available. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jordi, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

You can create up to three custom parameters at any level of your account except for the account level. If your custom parameters use the same name, AdWords will use the most specific custom parameter that you create. This means that if you create a custom parameter for an ad group (e.g. {_color}=red) and a custom parameter for one of the ads within that ad group (e.g. {_color}=blue), AdWords will use the ad-level custom parameter ({_color}=blue).

I recommend looking at ValueTrack parameters to check if there are parameters that are already available. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But what if I have 3 different parameters at the campaign level and the ad level, will Google use all of them or just the ones at the ad level?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Deepest level will be considered. If you have at campaign level, adgroup level - adgroup level will be considered. If at campaign level, ad level - Ad level.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’