AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom Column option not displaying

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, I'm trying to create my first custom column but I don't see the option to do that. My interface looks like this...Customized columns option not working.png

Re: Custom Column option not displaying

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Yarik R,

When you are creating your "custom columns" your interface allows for a quick selector method that pushes designated metrics into your column order. Then you can drag and drop to reorder your columns according to preference.

At the bottom of that window is a "save" feature. Give it a specific name and click save.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.25.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.19.56 PM.png

Now your custom columns will be available in the "modify columns" dropdown for your campaigns! 

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.20.05 PM.png

If you didn't name your column or save it then obviously you wouldn't be able to re-purpose those selections. Let me know if this helped?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your kind response @Cameron R

In fact, the screen I would like to go is this one.

Custom-Columns-Instruction.jpg

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Ahhhh I see.

If you are in your MCC account then you won't be able to create customized columns at that global level. However, if you select one of your accounts within your MCC account then you will be able to access those customized columns features.

I am assuming you are viewing this at the MCC account level?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yarik R
June

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Yarik R,

Also, can you confirm if you are within the "Campaign" tab or "AdGroup" tab when filtering for the customized columns? You wouldn't be able to see those features at the "Ad level", "keyword level", or "Ad Extension levels".

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 4.02.04 PM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, that was it...now I realize I have to be on the Campaign or Ad Group tab!

Thank you very much @Cameron R