AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom Column for Conversions under Display Network > Placements? How to solve?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,  I have two custom conversion pixels. Client is an ecommerce store.

One is on the add to cart page.

One is on the thank you page (purchase).

When I click on DISPLAY NETWORK > PLACEMENTS.  I want to see which placement brought me purchases.  Now it only showing conversions (grouping all under same umbrella)

How can I do this? 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Column for Conversions under Display Network > Placements? How to solve?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Attila,

For this you need to use GA account as placements will only let you know where your ads were shown.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Custom Column for Conversions under Display Network > Placements? How to solve?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Attila,

When you click on DISPLAY NETWORK > PLACEMENTS, you'll get a so-called placement report. Next click on the "Segment" drop-down menu, and select "Conversions" and then "Conversion name". You'll get the segmentation you need and can download it to excel for further analysis.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there anyway to segment by device AND by conversion name?

I need to see somehow what OS my purchases came from. Android or iOS, what devices, etc.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Attila, what you want is theoretically possible but you may lose some basic performance columns, like clicks and impressions going forward. When you see the placement report segmented by conversion name as described above, click on the download icon and add an extra segment (device) when prompted. Then everything depends on your excel skills.
I'd note that it will not work with "converted clicks", select the "conversions" column to appear in the report before you embark on this segmenting job.

Best,
Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Attila O

Besides what @Lakatos righly advised, you can also make use of AdWords Reports Editor to see segmented data in the interface itself. I tested it with the following tiles on to the canvas -

reporteditor.PNG

Next, make use of filters to be specific to your campaign and conversion action name.

More about report editor is here if you are not already familiar with it. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.