AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Cross-domain offline conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

is there any known solution how to track offline conversion in AdWords across 2 domains? For offline conversion tracking there is needed to store GCLID parameter, but what i have found out this might be bit complicated to pass to other domain where user converts.

I have a webpage on domain A.com and store at domain B.com from which users leaves to different payment processors at other domains and I'm not able to get all of them back to thank you page to track them. But i have all information about successful purchases in the backend, so decided to track as offline conversions/purchases. Google Analytics is not a problem as I will set-cross domain tracking in GTM and then track offline purchases.

But can't find any easy way how to store GCLID at domain A.com and then pass it to B.com. I'm also affraid to use any javascript to pass GCLID as GET parameter when user clicks to store, so it won't affect GTM cross-domain functionality.

Or maybe there is a possibility to extract GCLID from AdWords cookie at B.com somehow?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Milos

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cross-domain offline conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Milos, 

You can modify you Google Analytics code to track multiple-domains - by doing so you should theoretically share the same GCLID across the two domains. 

For information how to setup cross-domain tracking see this helpful link! : https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingSite#multipleDomains

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Cross-domain offline conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Joshua for an answer.

I forgot to mention that i would use Universal Analytics (to be able to track offline transactions to measurement protocol).

In standard Analytics, GCLID is present in GET parameters with cross-domain tracking link method add GA cookie to store URL (so it could be read on domain B), but it is not present in Universal analytics.

I would need GCLID parameter value to be able to use is for AdWords offline conversions, but i'm not sure if there is any way to get it from GA to backend system.

Thanks