AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Cross-account conversion vs. account-specific conversion duplication

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

just want to make sure if I need to delete account-specific conversions in my accounts after I create and activate cross-account conversions (or it will switch automatically)? It is suggested that I leave account-specific tracking code on the pages, so I am wondering if it cannot create any conversion duplication. So, my questions are:

1. Do I need to manually delete accounts-specific conversions?
2. Could there possible happen any duplication?

Thinking about this, one more general additional question:

If I delete account-specific conversion in an account but leave the code on the website, will conversions that happen after deletion still be recorded (within set conversion window if the click happened before deletion)?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cross-account conversion vs. account-specific conversion duplicati

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Eva,

Welcome to the adwords CommunitySmiley Happy

Cross account conversion tracking is for businesses with multiple adwords accounts all are linked to the same MCC account. So if you want to use Cross conversion tracking make sure all accounts are linked under same MCC.

1. Do I need to manually delete accounts-specific conversions?

Yes you need to do it manually.

2. Could there possible happen any duplication?

I don’t think so.

" If I delete account-specific conversion in an account but leave the code on the website, will conversions that happen after deletion still be recorded (within set conversion window if the click happened before deletion)?"

Once you change the status of a conversion to deleted for the time-frame that it is "deleted" it does not record data, but you can enable it later.

Please Read the how to delete the conversion:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/Deleting-conversions-for-good/m-p/16542/high... 

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Cross-account conversion vs. account-specific conversion duplicati

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rakesh,

thanks for your reply. The thing is, that in basic instructionsit is suggested to leave old tracking snippet for 30 days.

"After 30 days, remove your old conversion code snippets from your site."

Can during this period any duplication happen? and if not, what if I don't delete the old one after 30 days?

Thanks

Eva