AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Cross Device Conversion Tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Could you pls let me know if cross device conversion works from "mobile to desktop" or "desktop to mobile" or vice-versa?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cross Device Conversion Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pushpendra,

Cross-device conversions are counted when people click an ad on one device and then convert on a different one, irrespective of which device gets involved first and which one the second time. So I'd say it works in both directions or vice-versa as you put it.

*** About "All conversions" - Section: Conversions across devices ***
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3419678?hl=en

Best,
Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for prompt reply. I have read this document earlier as well but it is not mentioned in the entire document that it will capture data from mobile to desktop. However, it gave an example which only talked about mobile to tablet, which practically are same type of devices.

Still I am not sure, whether it works vice-versa?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Both tablets and desktops fall under the category "computers" in our lingo. Currently they are not differentiated.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
That's true, desktop and tablets falls under same category, but functionality of both is different. And this is what creating confusion.