AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Cross Account Conversion Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking for a little clarification regarding cross account conversion tracking. Is the purpose of it to track conversions for one company that has multiple AdWords accounts? Or could an agency like mine use it to track conversions across different client accounts? Thanks in advance for any insights.

Re: Cross Account Conversion Tracking

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Toby M,

For agencies it can work really well and easily as you only need to create one piece of code to go into all accounts sitting in the same MCC, you don't need to define and create them every time. Just set them up once at MCC level and you can choose them easily.

It's ideal for agencies as well as the few types of companies that need multiple AdWords accounts. (think of someone advertising worldwide and needs scheduling to be accurate. Time is set at account level)

You can read more info about cross site conversion tracking if you haven't seen it already.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

@Purefuzz

[Edit] I have been reading the question in the OP "Or could an agency like mine use it to track conversions across different client accounts?" [/end edit]

I want to understand the usage of cross account conversion tracking too.

I find your second paragraph in line with what the help center says about hotels world wide. I understand that having multiple adwords accounts is good for certain types of businesses because location targeting is different and they do not violate the double-serving policy by doing this setup.

What I do not understand is the recommendation in the first paragraph "you only need to create one piece of code to go into all accounts sitting in the same MCC". Is this written by assuming that "all accounts sitting in the same MCC" belong to the same business or is there some useful usage for this feature when the businesses are different ?

In my case the businesses in the MCC are different, so I am eager to learn if this feature is useful to my case somehow. 

Thank you.

[edit] Also my English is not perfect so if I should change something in the way I am expressing myself , any pointers are welcome.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Adrian,

Lets take an example of a big agency that has 100's of clients and have a lot of businesses coming online each week with them.

This agency relies on their own web developers to add conversion codes to their clients sites.

The MCC level conversions they create are for example, enquiry, sale & newsletter,

When the agency sales people get a new client they get all the campaign objectives, client details & also the ftp details for any coding needing to be done.

The web developers already have the code snippets they need (MCC level ones above) so don't need to wait for the new AdWords manager to send them the individual client account code, speeding up the process.

It really just helps to streamline some bigger kind of account management stuff.

If the client then leaves and gets unlinked from the MCC they are going to have to get the tracking set up again.

I hope this helps you understand the uses a bit more.