AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Creating an conversion so it can be recorded by AdWords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All!

We're using out own phone tracking numbers on our landing pages and in call extensions (and just can't use Google forwarding numbers for several reasons). Naturally after users show up on our LPs we're grabbing all gclids and later upload them back to AdWords and that helps our analysis and optimization tremendously. Problem is when Call Extension is clicked, there is no gclid on our side obviously.

See the problem? Smiley Happy

Is there any way to assign a conversion to such a click?

Thank you!

D

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi DImitry,

what about tracking by using call only campaigns. would that help in tracking conversions?

regards

Zaby

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not include self-promotional links in your posts or signature. The use of a signature is a privilege reserved for members of the Google Top Contributor program

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not talking about tracking. Point is how to assign conversion to a click if there is no "visible" gclid on our side.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I think the only way to achieve this would be to use one of the third party call tracking solutions available...

We have set this up a few times and they work pretty well - not 100% - but good enough to optimise accounts.