AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Creating a new site selling the same product

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I am in the process opening a new website with a completely new domain, new layout, and new product descriptions. The only similarity is that they both will be selling the same products.

My question is would I be able to create a new campaign for this site, and use the same keywords? Would this be a punishable offense? I understand that both sites will not show together at the same time for the same keyword, but is this action (same product, different domain) allowed?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Hi royaljay,   Advertising for a different website with t...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi royaljay,

Advertising for a different website with the same products is not a crime. But yes, you have to advertise that website within the same Adwords account on which you might be advertising a different domain also. Please note that Adwords don't permit multiple accounts for the same businesses. But at the sametime, you are very much allowed to advertise multilple websites using different campaigns. 

My question is would I be able to create a new campaign for this site, and use the same keywords?

Yes, you would be able to create that but trust me it doesn't really make sense doing that because only one unique keyword will trigger an ad from your account depending upon the relevancy and other factors. (Of course there is an exception if you are targeting both the domains in different locations. In that case, it won't affect the ads because Adwords will display one Domain with one keyword in one location and another domain with another location with same keyword.)

It's better that you first organize the list of keywords, location targeting which you want to advertise using your 2 domains and then create separate campaigns based on different permutation and combination.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Hello royaljay; As long as you keep to follow one of the...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello royaljay;

As long as you keep to follow one of the basic principles of Policy: One account - One business; you may advertise both domains on the same account.

However, keep in mind, that since you intend to use the same keywords, those will compete among themselves when a user runs a query. You may find yourself attempting to show one ad, while end-up with the other ad triggered.

A few discussions have been held, lately, on how keywords compete when several keywords match a search query . A good start would be this article on the help center.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

@royaljay; Pankaj posted, while I was typing my answer, b...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@royaljay;
Pankaj posted, while I was typing my answer, but the basic principle remains in both answers...Smiley Happy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

@ Moshe, working on the same principle :)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
@ Moshe, working on the same principle Smiley Happy

Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help guys!

No problems royaljay, you are most welcome. And feel free...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
No problems royaljay, you are most welcome. And feel free to post over the Adwords Community for any other Adwords related questions and the Community will be more than happy to answer it Smiley Happy