AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Creating AdWords Account at a Mass Scale

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I'm prepping up to launch a franchised marketing campaign across several hundred accounts and would like to link each account to one master GA profile.  The question is, how do I expedite the process of creating administrator users for all accounts (in order to link AdWords with GA).  I am running into the issue of the phone number I am using to verify new Google accounts not working after a few accounts, being told, "the max number of times used to verify accounts with this phone number has been reached".  I tried creating Google Voice numbers to account for every 5 or so verifications, but that hasn't seemed to work.

Has anyone launched a likewise campaign, with the need to create more Google accounts than your phone number is able to verify?  Ideally, Google will be able to make an exception based on the circumstances.

I am open to any all all suggestions!

Thanks for helping,

Austin

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating AdWords Account at a Mass Scale

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If you are intending to open that many accounts you may be intending to spend a considerable amount of money.
generally if you are a company or agency managing a lot of spend (not even a huge amount maybe just a few 10s of thousands per month then you can have a Google account manager. If you are planning to spend a lot and do a complicated setup then perhaps reach out to Google for some direct help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Austin
are all the adwords accounts using the same domain

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
might be something in here for you: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6098241

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Good timing. You can use a manager account in AdWords (formerly my client center) and you can link them all to one GA account in the MC interface. This feature was just release last week.

There is a limit on how many properties and views you can set up though. How many are you looking at? If you provide more detail, well be able to advise better.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi All, thanks for the responses. Dave, I was wondering about that notification, hadn't looked into it much yet. That's great news! We will be creating several hundred of these accounts; anywhere between 200 - 750. We won't know exactly how many until we offer the service at our client's convention in February. We'd like to connect them all to one GA view. Does this info help?

David C, we actually do have a Google rep and his recommendation was to post in this community thread since it is a Google Account issue rather than AdWords. He's a temporary rep that may have limited resources.

Paul, yep they will all be using the same domain.

Thanks All,
Austin

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
1. GA views
GA has Accounts > Properties > Views
Usual usage is:
Account - have one for the company
Property - have one per domain
View - have an active view for reporting and analysis with filters on it, and have a couple of testing views for tests before going to Active, and an untouched raw backup.
[or sometimes people make views just for mobile traffic, or for country folders or for traffic from one specific country etc.]
- if you are only having one website then you would only have one GA account for that site generally.

2. Rep hmm ok maybe ask for a better rep if you are going to be spending enough money to make 200 adwords accounts then you need someone who knows their stuff holistically not to be sent to a forum to wait for answers - although great to have you here Smiley Happy

3. Domain - if you are using one single domain then why do you need hundreds of adwords accounts? what will be the difference between them?
Are you intending to have say 200 franchisees/stores each with their own account all going to send adwords traffic to one website? perhaps a folder/section on the website specific to each franchisee/store? Is there any reason you would not just have one account and 200+ campaigns?

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
David C, thanks for the followup! We are creating separate accounts because the franchise owners will have the option to access their account under read-only, and may have the option to take over management for themselves later down the line. Do you happen to know the account limit that Dave_Davis mentioned? We'll have between 200-750 accounts total.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Then you will definitely need to speak to Google so as to avoid getting double serving violations and getting the account shut down. Especially if you intend to have the franchise owners manage their AdWord at some point.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks stickleback. I don't think double-serving will be a concern though, each account will have it's own set of zip codes and none will overlap. Everything should be in order except the outstanding question of, what is the limit of accounts that can be linked to an MCC. I'm sure that can be answered through the help center, going to call in the morning and I'll post my findings!