AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Created new ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

I have a successful ad with getting conversions, however I created a couple new ads with a 10% discount however they are not getting many imprerssions? Similar wording is being used in the same ad group. 

Can anyone explain why the new ones aren't getting many impressions? 

Thanks

Re: Created new ads

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi lianne,
your ad rotation setting must be one of those:
*Optimize for clicks: Show ads expected to provide more clicks
*Optimize for conversions: Show ads expected to provide more conversions

This means AdWords allow ads that provide more clicks or conversion delivered more often into the ad auction than other ads in the ad group, so If you want the three ads get mostly the same impression , you should change your ad rotation setting to any of the next setting:
*Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for at least 90 days, then optimize
*Rotate indefinitely: Show lower performing ads more evenly with higher performing ads, and do not optimize

For more information about ad rotation and how to change it , Read this article:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404248?ctx=tltp#ad-rotation

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for replying to my query. Of course, I had missed that setting option, I had a look and it is optimised for conversions but I'd prefer keeping that as that is working for the brand although I do need to use the new ads with the promo code..

If I create a new campaign - I will see duplicate keywords issue across campaigns.. What would be the best option?

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You have lower quality score for those ads, and because of that they are not relevant for your keywords.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

The best option to create a new ad group for the promo code and specify some keywords for this ad group " don't use the same keywords for more than ad group".