AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Coversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,
How come the number of conversions shown in the main page of all the campaigns does not coincide with the number under Tool tab > Conversion? There are in the main page 30 times more conversions!!!
Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Coversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Floriana,

I think what may be happening here is you are comparing 1-per-click with many-per-click statistics.

Here is an explanation of the two from this page.

Types of conversions

There are two ways to count conversions with Conversion Tracking: 1-per-click and many-per-click. You can select the metric that's most useful for you when you set up Conversion Tracking.

Conversions (1-per-click)
Conversions (1-per-click) count a conversion for every AdWords ad click resulting in a conversion within 30 days. This means if more than one conversion happens following a single ad click, conversions after the first will not count. This metric is useful for measuring conversions approximating unique customer acquisitions such as leads and sign-ups.

Conversions (many-per-click)
Conversions (many-per-click) count a conversion every time a conversion is made within 30 days following an AdWords ad click. Conversions (many-per-click) will count multiple conversions per click. This metric is useful for measuring conversions that are valuable every time they happen such as purchases.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AmyB (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi floriana,

Tom's guess is a good one, but probably wrong in this case.  This morning there was a nasty bug in the way we display conversions in the user interface.  The on-call engineers started rolling out a fix around noon California time and it was rolled out everywhere a couple of hours later.  Your conversions should now be displayed properly.

I should emphasize that this was only a user interface problem.  The conversions recorded in our database are correct, and the display problem in the UI should not affect billing, quality scores, CTR predictions, or anything else.  I'm not trying to minimize the problem, just to forestall some questions.

Laura

AdWords engineer

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Floriana,

I think what may be happening here is you are comparing 1-per-click with many-per-click statistics.

Here is an explanation of the two from this page.

Types of conversions

There are two ways to count conversions with Conversion Tracking: 1-per-click and many-per-click. You can select the metric that's most useful for you when you set up Conversion Tracking.

Conversions (1-per-click)
Conversions (1-per-click) count a conversion for every AdWords ad click resulting in a conversion within 30 days. This means if more than one conversion happens following a single ad click, conversions after the first will not count. This metric is useful for measuring conversions approximating unique customer acquisitions such as leads and sign-ups.

Conversions (many-per-click)
Conversions (many-per-click) count a conversion every time a conversion is made within 30 days following an AdWords ad click. Conversions (many-per-click) will count multiple conversions per click. This metric is useful for measuring conversions that are valuable every time they happen such as purchases.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AmyB (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi floriana,

Tom's guess is a good one, but probably wrong in this case.  This morning there was a nasty bug in the way we display conversions in the user interface.  The on-call engineers started rolling out a fix around noon California time and it was rolled out everywhere a couple of hours later.  Your conversions should now be displayed properly.

I should emphasize that this was only a user interface problem.  The conversions recorded in our database are correct, and the display problem in the UI should not affect billing, quality scores, CTR predictions, or anything else.  I'm not trying to minimize the problem, just to forestall some questions.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thanks for the info Laura.

-Tom

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Thanks, Laura, for the update.
Zee
G+

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Laura,

so that I know for next time, should I then only trust the conversions shown under “Tool”?

thanks!

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Floriana,

I don't actually know the UI well enough to even know what you mean by "Tool" -- I work on the internals of the ads review systems.  I just happened to see an escalation email about the conversions problem on Sunday so I passed it along here.

But my guess is that the fact it worked in one place and not the other was just due to how this particular bug happened to manifest.  If there are conversion-display-related bugs in the future (I hope not) there's no guarantee they'll manifest in the same way.

Laura