AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Cost per conversion & Cost

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

How Can I compare, over time, two campaign metrics such as cost per conversion and cost ??

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cost per conversion & Cost

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Within the date settings you can choose custom dates and then select to compare, and set custom dates for the previous period.

Then within the table headings you will see a + sign which opens up the window to show the comparative data and the real and percentage increase or decrease between the two periods.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you mean selecting graph option on the campaign tab right ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Like this:

step1.png

Select the date range and set to compare - then

step2.png

click on the "+" sign to expand the window and see the (hopefully) improvement!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If I am allowed to join this conversation about new features, Is this comparison feature from message 4 , allowing us to compare as asked in message 1 "two campaign metrics such as cost per conversion and cost" ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@Adrian B - there is a "+" sign on each column so all can be expanded to show the change (real and percentage) for each metric.... I had understood that this was what the OP wanted to do.... the time periods can be set to custom in each case - so you could, for example, set to months, quarters, or any time window you wanted to use.

Or am I missing something? (Wouldn't be the first time!)

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi,

I too understand the question as Stickleback. If you want to do comparison between two different stats that you can do that via graph within adwords interface.

@Stickleback: Remarketing, posted on a wrong thread?

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
@Neha Gupta - yep! thanks - deleted....

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think comparing the evolution of 2 metrics over time means something like this  :

Today : cost per conversion / cost  = 3 euro / 300 euro =  x

10 days later : cost per conversion / cost = 9 euro / 300 euro = 3 x => we have a problem, let's investigate

When I played with the " compare over time" feature ilustrated in the print-screens, it only allowed me to compare 2 time frames and see how each metric evolved over time, it did not make metric to metric comparison like the graph does. It would be great if it did because the graph is only a visual representation and you can see trouble only when the lines are far apart.

For example I would like the new "compare 2 time segments " feature to do what the pivot tables do in Analytics :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009642?hl=en