AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Cost per Conversion

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I know I am asking a simple stupid question over here, but please pardon me for that. How does Google calculates Cost per Conversion? Honestly I thought that its simply total cost divided by total number of conversions, but to my surprise there was a difference. Anybody any whereabout?? Thankyou
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Cost per Conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi CF,

No such thing here as a bad question, no worries at all.  You are correct that cost per conversion is total cost/total conversions.

I think it would be helpful for us to find out what you are reviewing for stats to see your difference.

1 Per-Click or Many-Per-Click Conversions?  What time range too? 

Can you share the discrepancies you found with us? 

Thanks,

Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi CF,

No such thing here as a bad question, no worries at all.  You are correct that cost per conversion is total cost/total conversions.

I think it would be helpful for us to find out what you are reviewing for stats to see your difference.

1 Per-Click or Many-Per-Click Conversions?  What time range too? 

Can you share the discrepancies you found with us? 

Thanks,

Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Godo question Califo..!

Also make sure you look at the very bottom line, the sun total, including display as well as search network.