AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Cost/Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody,

i have a question related to cost/conv ... i have a campaign running since a week and a bit, but sadly i didn't manage to set up the conversion tracking in time. so i can check my conversions since 2 days, everything i working now. my question would be, if the code wasn't installed, and meanwhile i got some clicks, the report shows me a high cost for a conversion. it is because i didn't installed the code in time, i guess...

So how could i optimise that?

Thx in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mihaela R
September 2015

Re: Cost/Conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Correct - if the conversions are not reporting for a period then the cost per conversion will be higher for the period since it is a simple math formula - cost divided by conversions.

The only thing you can really do is work this out manually using the conversion data you can get from Analytics for the same period and run the math yourself.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well yes, means i have no other option i guess Smiley Tongue

Thanks a lot!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

If you were only receiving a small amount of traffic prior to installing the conversion code, I would simply look at the data prior to installation and optimise according to actual conversion data.

If you were receiving a good amount of traffic and have a good amount of data to work with, you can always look at the following metrics at the campaign, ad group, ad and keyword level:

• CTRs
  • Impression shar
  • Average positions in relation to CPCs
  • Whether you're bidding enough to appear on the first page (Keyword level)

In addition to the above, you can also look at your keyword search reports Keywords tab -> Keyword Details -> all

This will show you all the keywords that your ad(s) were showing for. Using this information you can add negative keywords into your account to improve the quality of traffic you receive

If you have linked AdWords and Analytics and enabled auto-tagging you can take a detailed look in Analytics at how your traffic is using your website at a very detailed level - Down to the keyword level. Maybe there are some campaigns, ad groups or keywords that are generating a high bounce rate? Why would this be? Landing page? irrelevant traffic from not having the right negative keywords? Unclear ad copy?

The spend (however much or little) is not wasted, you have a lot of data to work with.

Good luck with your advertising!

Ryan.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Mihaela R,

Set your date range to include dates only after the conversion tracking code was installed and functioning. That will give you a better idea of what's going on.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords