AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Cookie updates question

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm setting up RLSA, and would like to exclude or bid down on people who have clicked on an ad and bounced.  I have the logic set up for those who hit the landing page and no other pages, but I have a question:

What if someone visited the site more than once in the life of the cookie?  Will all visits be shown, or just the last one?  For instance, if someone came to the site last week and put in an RFQ, then came again yesterday but bounced, would the lists show the single page of the bounce, or all pages that user went to?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cookie updates question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Phil.
You really shouldn't be modifying the cookie or even basing it on cookies yourself at all.

There's a MUCH simpler way to do this.
Create a remarketing list based on a custom segment in Google Analytics (according the the rules you mentioned). Then use THAT list for your RSLA campaigns.

It really is a matter of a few clicks. Many people are not aware that GA provides much more options for remarketing than AdWords tag based remarketing.

Re: Cookie updates question

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dave,
Well, RLSA can't use Google Analytics lists. That's basic.

But I guess I didn't phrase my question well enough. If someone converts one day, and bounces the next day, how would that person be represented in the lists? As a converter, or a bouncer?

P