AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Converted clicks discrepancy in Display Network

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello, fellow advertisers! Perhaps it's a beginner's question, but I haven't been able to discern the solution from the official help.

When I look into my ad groups, AdWords reports 19 converted clicks (upper screen shot). When I look into Display Network -> Interests & Remarketing, I see only 11 converted clicks. Why is there such discrepancy and how can I remove it?

Thank you for your advice!

ad-groups.PNG

audiences.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Honza F
January 2016

Re: Converted clicks discrepancy in Display Network

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again  @Honza F;

You are using targeting optimization. You should see the converted clicks on the placements tab.

If you prefer  full control over targeting methods, (as my personal preferences)  - you can  opt out of targeting optimization.

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/190596?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
The 11 converted clicks are attributed to Remarketing. Other 8 came from another targeting method on your campaign.
On the targeting tab, check what other targeting method you have set;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hey, Moshe!

That's one tiny detail I forgot about. The campaign is remarketing only. I'm not using any other targeting methods. Even in spite of that, my reports show up like this. 

IaR-report.PNG

Just out of sheer morbid curiosity, might the check box Let AdWords automatically find new customers have to do anything with it?

settings.PNG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Honza F
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again  @Honza F;

You are using targeting optimization. You should see the converted clicks on the placements tab.

If you prefer  full control over targeting methods, (as my personal preferences)  - you can  opt out of targeting optimization.

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/190596?hl=en

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Thank you so much, Moshe! I am sure that will fix it.