AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Converted Clicks vs. Conversions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, 

I have recently changed ad final URLs from a site where multiple conversions are possible to a landing page where only 1 conversion is possible. When running ads to the original page I had a variance between converted clicks & conversions of roughly 10% (10% more conversions than converted clicks). On the current page I have a variance of about 80% (80% more conversions than converted clicks). 

Can anyone help explain this? According to my understanding of conversions vs. converted clicks and the new landing page structure, I should be seeing less variance rather than more? Less conversions available, so the ratio of conversions to converted clicks should be higher. 

When looking into Analytics, I have also noticed more variance between sessions and clicks - not sure if it is related. The single goal currently being tracked is being imported from Analytics, the goal is fired when the thank-you page is seen. 

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! 

Kevin

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin M
October 2015

Re: Converted Clicks vs. Conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
As a first step, try segmenting the conversions by conversion name - what do you see there?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin M
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
As a first step, try segmenting the conversions by conversion name - what do you see there?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I see an old goal importing conversions that shouldn't be there.. Thanks for the guidance stickleback, probably something I should've considered myself.

Thanks again and have a great Monday!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It's always the little things that catch us out!

Enjoy your week, too.....