AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Converted Clicks v Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a quick questions which I need a bit of help on.

I have set the rules on all Conversions within my Adwords account to only count Unique Leads, in my mind this would result in Converted Clicks and Conversion showing the same number. Am I right in thinking this?

Would there be a reason why the number of leads on the Conversions column is higher than in the Converted Clicks column.

Many thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Converted Clicks v Conversions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mark,

Converted Clicks – This measures how many clicks ended up leading to “one or more conversions.”

Example: A user clicks on your ad and completes one conversion goal on your site right after they click. The user then returns to your site directly (within your conversion window) and completes another conversion goal. The Converted Clicks column will count this only as 1 Converted Click – because there was a single click that led to these conversions. If the user only converted once or if they converted ten times, this column will attribute 1 Converted Click.

Conversions – This column measures the total number of conversions that came from a click (Note: this is also dependent on your conversion counting settings, mentioned below).

Example: Same as above – A user clicks on your ad and completes one conversion goal on your site and then returns to your site and completes a separate conversion goal. The Conversions column will count this as 2 Conversions – because that’s the actual amount of conversions that occurred. If the user only converted once, then 1 Conversion would be recorded and if they converted ten times, 10 Conversions would be recorded.

Thanks,

Kaushik

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
This distinction also covers a situation where you might be tracking multiple conversions on your website. For example, you might track those visitors that watched a video, and theose that downloaded your ebook as well as those that completed a contact form.

If a single visitor completed all three conversions your report would reflect 3 conversions and 1 converted click.

This makes sense because if you can use your conversions as an indication of value - you are only going to be able to sell or serve a visitor once so counting a single visitor as three is misleading...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This makes sense, but if the conversion type is set to 'unique' (all types) then should conversions not be counted more than once?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to above informative responses, I would like to add  here that although you set them count as unique, Conversions will work as Conversion (Many-per-click) and Converted Clicks as Conversions (one-per-click) if you remember the old names when AdWords renamed them quite sometime back.

Of course, it would also depend upon the conversion window you have taken to keep track of all the unique or repeated leads for your account. Read this help center for more insights:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6365?hl=en

Pankaj