AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Converted Clicks - have stopped

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Not sure of where to look by the 'Converted clicks' and 'Cost/Converted Clicks' have stopped working, in that there is no data being presented anymore.

Is there a way I may have turned off by mistake?

Many thanks

Re: Converted Clicks - have stopped

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rob,

Are you seeing the conversions on your website's back end? (Like sale completions, that are not showing up in AdWords?) In other words, are you able to verify with full certainty that conversions are occurring, but are not showing up in AdWords?

Also, how are you keeping track of conversions? Are you tracking them through the AdWords conversion script, or are these imported goals you made in Analytics? If it's the latter, maybe something happened with your account linking? Or perhaps you created goals in a different view than what is linked to your AdWords account?

Another issue could be with the change of how your conversion process works. For example, if you counted conversions before where someone reached a Thank You page, maybe your developer changed something in your website, and the destination URL is no longer the same.

It is a bit difficult to tell based on your description of the issue. If you could please provide more background on the problem. Mainly:

- How is your conversion tracking set up (AdWords script or Analytics goals)

- What conversion action are you tracking (sales/leads)?
- Have you been able to independently verify that conversions are indeed happening, but not showing up in AdWords?
- What time frame are you looking at? Is this in the last 24-48 hours, or a longer period of time?
- For this time frame where there are no conversions, are you seeing clicks and impressions?

Regards,
Alex

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Many thanks for your response.

These are converted clicks in Adwords, I think we have goals in Analytics, but we don't use them.

And yes we are getting many sales, lower because of time of year, but we are making many sales, and we are getting normal level of impressions etc.

1) This is Adwords Converted Clicks, I presume it is set up in ADwords.
2) The conversion tracking is sales
3) We are getting many sales, real sales Smiley Happy
4) Last 60 days...I hadn't noticed for some time, as this is a quiet part of the year and we have minimal Adwords exposure
5) Yes for this time frame there is usual amount of clicks and impressions.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rob W
May 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rob,

If your AdWords volume has remained relatively the same, and nothing else has changed except that conversions are no longer being reported, then my guess is that something changed with the conversion script implementation or the checkout process.

There are a few things you may want to try:

- In AdWords, go to the conversions section to make sure that the conversion tracking you created is still active, and that it wasn't accidentally removed (if it was, then even if the script is firing, it wouldn't be reported in AdWords).

- Go through the checkout process the way your customers would, and note whether they still reach the same Thank You/ Order Received page as before. As you do this, use the Google Tag Assistant (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h... to make sure that the conversion tag is firing on the Thank You/Order Complete page.

- Double check your Analytics code implementation, using Tag Assistant, to make sure that the Analytics code fires correctly.

- You mention that you have minimal AdWords exposure this time of year. You may want to double check your total volume of clicks this time of year versus busier times. What could be happening is that people are clicking the ads as they're doing their research. Then the tracking cookie either expires, or they go directly to your website later, from a different machine. Because the sale can't be attributed to AdWords at this point, you're not seeing the conversion. So when you have high volume, you would still see conversions because a segment of your visitors converts with the cookie still in the browser, but if your average prospect takes several days to convert and uses a different device (research at work, purchase at home), then if the volume drops you could see most of your conversions become from direct or organic sources, even thought the first click was AdWords.

- Lastly, I'd also double check the conversion tracking script on the Thank You page, to make sure it hasn't been altered. Especially if someone else has access to make changes to your website.

Regards,
Alex

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex,

Thanks for that, I think the Conversion tracking had become 'inactive' not sure why, but it was inactive on about the day the conversion tracking stopped, so I have made active and will check back tomorrow/next day for conversions. Many thanks for the response.