AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, is there a way to tie a conversion (email) to the keyword phrase that generated the optin?

I know we all can get a list of conversions which show the exact phrase that generated the conversion, but can we go one step further and determine which optin email goes with which phrase?

Also, can we tie keyword phrase to the specific ad and the optin email?

keyword phase ==>  specific ad ==>  optin email

Thanks!

Angela

Re: Conversions

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

What do you mean by optin email?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David.

Thanks for asking.

The ad points to a splash page with an optin form.  The optin form then leads to a thank you page.  Visitors who go from the ad to the thank you page count as a conversion.

The optin form looks like the right side of the screen as pictured here:  http://weejeelearning.com/e-learning-content-130325/   It's where a visitor leaves their email address and other information.

I can get the conversion email address from the optin process which is deposited into Salesforce.

And I can see the conversion keywords / phrases from Adwords (or analytics).

I'm wondering how to know which email address matches which (each) conversion keyword/phrase.

Does this make sense?

Angela

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Angela,

It seems, we cant get such data in analytics or adwords.

In a way, it’s a report in which keyword is mapped with every conversion details.

Instead you will be able to see the no. of conversions from searched keywords.

You can refer to the search term reports in keywords tab.

There are alternate ways of getting conversion email ids and keywords though.

One solution would be playing around with some technical things.

You can manually tag all the “keyword” destination urls with the keywords information in it.

You can find more information on manual tagging here- http://support.google.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=1033867&rd=1

It will then pass the keyword value in querystring on the optin page. On the optin page, you can assign this value using querystring to the session variable or to the hidden field of the enquiry form.

After the customer fills in the information and goes to the thank you page, you can access both email id and the keyword. Keyword value will be available by pulling the session variable or hidden field used in optin form.

And then you have this information emailed or saved in database.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

SJ

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, SJ.  This is awesome.   I (and others who read this over time) really appreciate the information.

Angela