AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yesterday Adwords not dispaly any lead from My one Ad group but google analytics display one lead from Adwords Ad group. Also we recevie lead mail from our PPC adgroup but adwords not display. other adgroup working perfectly and display proper leads with google analytics.

I cant understand what problem in adgroup.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Conversions

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

There might be 2 reasons for this

• Adwords attributes conversion to click date and not conversion date so if click happened on 1st of the month and conversion happened on 10th of the month adwords conversion will be attributed to click date and not conversion date. So in your case not necessarily this conversion would have been attributed for yesterday. Analytics attributes conversions to the date of conversions so the conversion happened on 10th will be attributed in analytics to 10th  and not click date which is 1st of the month
  • Another reason might be that analytics cookie __utmz expires after 180 days while adwords cookie will expire after 1 month which means if click has happened 31 days ago then adwords will not attribute credit to the adgroup but analytics will.

Hope this makes sense

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

In addition to spot on response from Nik above, I would encourage you to read this reference which compares the Adwords and Analytics conversion metrics in details and give you more insights of why this discrepancy occurs which could be normal most of the times:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for information