AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions under Business Data/main phone number feed

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Can you please tell me what the clicks I see for the phone numbers in my Business data/main phone number feed represent?  I have a call conversion tracking put in place but I see no calls from ads tracked since I started the campaign 2 weeks ago.

I have both call only and call extensions however I recorded no calls from them according to the Conversions section.

So what do the clicks under Business Data/main phone number feed  stand for? I have clicks on both my phone numbers.

Thanks!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Sharon L

Hi!

Where are you seeing this data exactly? Are you in the ad extension tab?

For regular ads with call extensions, this is just showing how many clicks the whole ad received when the call extension was present.  

If you're getting clicks on call only ads, but not getting any calls, that means that people are tapping the ad but not completing the call.  Tapping the ad loads the phone number into their phone, but they must tap send to complete it.

If you've had call only running for two weeks and received no calls, that could be a signal that it's not the right format for your campaign. Even if calls are your objective, call only campaigns aren't always the best to achieve that objective.  I have found that the success of these campaigns are relative to sense of urgency.  For example, call only campaigns for locksmiths do very well. I mean they knock it out of the park all day everyday! This is because there is a sense of urgency. The person just wants help. They aren't interested in looking at a website and learning more about the vendor and the specific services they offer. They simply want back in their car or house.  

When there is no sense of urgency, they don't do as well or even they don't work at all.  People have the time to browse the site, research competitors, etc.  They just might not be ready to speak to anyone at the point of the sales cycle.  So when you have call only, you can really be hurting yourself in these situations. They aren't seeing your website at all, and you're missing opportunities like adding them to a remarketing list.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I am managing an account for mold/flood/fire services, I think call only ads are appropriate. I am seeing the info under Shared Library-Business data - Main phone number feed.

If I check, for instance, the callouts, I get impressions and clicks for each callout. Same for my two phone numbers I see under Main phone number feed. So is the data under Shared Library-Business data - Main phone number feed showing how may times my phone number showed with an add and how many times someone clicked on my phone number? Or is it showing the clicks I got on my add (not on my call extension)?

I need to know if I am getting clicks on my call extensions and if they are not counted as conversions, like I set it up. My call only are new, not yet registering clicks.

Thanks!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Sharon L

Thanks for sharing those details. Most helpful.

What you are seeing now is overall ad clicks when those items were present in the ad. It does not mean an actual click on that the phone number. If you'd like to see a breakdown of the actual clicks, look for the Segments drop down menu. It's right under the main tabs of the page you are on.  Click that and select click type, and you'll see a breakdown of the different places of the ad that got clicks.  I suspect you'll see that the majority of them will show as "Headline" clicks which means people clicked the ad's headline. 

Re: Conversions under Business Data/main phone number feed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so very much! I wanted to make sure my call conversion tracking
is not failing me.

Have a great week!