AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions tracking but no financial data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Google Adwords has always tracked my conversions, it's then always shown me the financial value of these conversions. However this month, I've had 2 instances in which the conversions say the below:

"

Conversion tag is active. Last seen:
15 Mar 2017 at 14:53:06 (1 day ago)
Last conversion recorded:
15 Mar 2017 (1 day ago

This also happened on the 12th, but as of right now, no financial data. It's showing conversions 0 and conversion values as 0. This is frustrating from a marketing strategy perspective. The code hasn't been removed or changed, and it always worked fine historically.

Any help would be great, I really need to know the value of these conversions so I can justify the cost.

Thanks,

Michaela

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversions tracking but no financial data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

The conversions that you are tracking in AdWords, did you cross check with the actual data at the backend? Sometimes there could be discrepancies in terms of what is being tracked and what not.

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's come to light that the conversions appear to be adding to February.

At the end of Feb I had 2 conversions, at a value of £432. I know this because I monitor it daily and make monthly spreadsheets.

I've seen 2 conversions happen this month (11th and 15th of march) in which adwords has said "last conversion recorded" but when i'm in view of March it still appears as £0 and 0 conversions, if I change the view to february that's now showing 4 conversions (2 additional) conversions and a value of £800. Do you know why this would happen?

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 4
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Michaela S

I guess it has to do something with attribution model that you choose for conversions. 

By default, in Google Analytics attribution model set as "Last non-direct click". 

"The Last Non-Direct Click model ignores direct traffic and attributes 100% of the conversion value to the last channel that the customer clicked through from before buying or converting."

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1665189?hl=en

It's possible that the user visited your website in February from any channel other than direct, did not make a purchase back then and returned back to your website in March through a direct channel. So even though conversion happened in March it has been attributed to last non-direct visit.

Try model comparison tool to compare results for February with different attribution models.

Regards,
Eva

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eva,

This is very very helpful and I really appreciate it. 

Thanks!