AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions on dashboard, not not showing in Conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm new to this wonderful world of Adwords and have just taken over an account that has lanquished.  I'm trying to look at the historical data and understand what was done and how the keywords performed.  Here are some (possibly) relevant facts:

- no keywords or campaings

- I'm looking at data for 2005 - 2007

- at some point during that time period conversion tracking was set up - I can see it listed on the Conversions page.

When I look at the main Dashboard, I can see several of my keywords recorded conversions.  But when I try to use the detailed reporting on the Conversions tab, I don't see any conversions at all.  And search funnels has zero conversions.

Is there some sort of time limit for the conversion tracking to show up?  Is the data just gone?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Casey

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversions on dashboard, not not showing in Conversion tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Casey,

I could think of few possiblities in your case here:-

1. Type of Conversion (i.e. lead, sale, sign up etc...) was deleted which recorded conversion for that historical time period. In this case, you might see tracking status as deleted under Conversions Tab in Tools and Analysis.

2. Originally goals were imported from Google Analytics into Adwords and then later were deleted.

3. In the Main Campaign's Tab, do you see keywords assciated with any conversions during the same old tim period? There is a slight possiblity that old keywords were deleted for which conversion were recorded. In order to cross check that, go to Keywords Tab and select All( which includes deleted ones too).

Hope this helps!

Pankaj