AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions not showing up in Adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

basically, I'd like to see some advice on how to fix this problem I'm experiencing.

We hired an agency to run ads for us on Youtube. It's supposed to be a pretty good one with a great reputation but there are things that just can't get fixed.

The biggest one is: despite the fact that we see a number of sales in our CRM (Infusionsoft) that came from those ads, there are no conversions recorded in the AdWords account.

This is the only product we're promoting on YT right now and there's no doubt about those sales coming from anywhere else. They came from those ads.

We installed all of the required tracking scripts on all the pages, and did a number of tests with Tag Assistant and to my knowledge everything should be good with that.

Before I ask you for a solution, I should note this: the agency is actually using their own Adwords account, and not ours. They created a brand new account just for the need of promoting our stuff and everything brought me to a point of thinking that they are basically working as an affiliate, but in the ad space.

I have access to that account as well but I don't really see anything I could do in order to get those conversions show up in there.

Impressions, clicks, etc, can be seen in the stats, you can check out this screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/fWx5w0gPbA

Also, here's a recorded report from Tag Assistant in case you'd need it to clarify some things: https://goo.gl/DCFrIN

I appreciate all the help you can provide!

Best,

Mat

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

They might have forgot to set up conversions in Adwords. Go to the Tools tab at the top, then select Conversions and see if anything is set up. Here's a guide on how to do it: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dean,

thanks for the reply!

Conversions are actually set up and I can see them here: https://www.screencast.com/t/BOgRYkGEy

Also, when I hover over the "tracking status" column of the "UFC Purchase" conversion, I see this: 

Conversion tag is active. Last seen:
Jan 12, 2017 at 6:22:31 PM (today)
No conversions recorded.

Which is the exact time when I made a purchase. I guess this part is set correctly and conversion tag gets fired upon landing on a TY page (after making a purchase).

What else there might be wrong or something I should look into?

Best,

Mat

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Well that's good... Sometimes Google has a delay with reporting, so it could show up in a day. Other than that I'm not sure, but someone else on here will probably chime in. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Mat,

Is the AdWords account properly linked to the Analytics account? Since you are using Tag Manager to record conversions, this is absolutely necessary. Another approach is to add the AW conversion code from the agency's account to your thank you page. If the acknowledgement is returned via AJAX or callback, just return the img tag with your content. Do not include the <script> or <noscript> tags.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, petebardo, I just linked agency's AW acc with our Analytics and I'll wait to see what happens next. I somehow think that this might be the solution, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Best,

Mat

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have they implemented cross domian tracking properly?