AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions not showing on Adwords

S M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
S M
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Conversions not showing on adwords, but the paid visits are showing in google analytics. How do i make the conversion to shown on google adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversions not showing on Adwords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi S M,

Have you setup Conversion Tracking for your account?
If not, go to Tools & Analysis on the main menu, select the link for Conversions and then follow the steps from there.

This article should help:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en-GB

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi..

As it seems that you have  still not implemented conversion code into our website or you have implemented but not in a proper way. Due to that it happens. Kindly go through the link which gives you exact idea about that:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3207171?hl=en&rd=1

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Hopefully it will helpful & resolve the issue.. Smiley Happy

Thanks

Rachit

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author S M
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm gonna toss a coin here too.

If you have conversions defined as Goals in analytics, like the Goal to reach a page, after you connect analytics with adwords you have to click to button to import analytics goals from the conversions page in adwords as instructed here :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034306?hl=en

This way you can have conversions without adding any conversion code from adwords , but by simply using the data that analytics already has on your website.

Just quoting :

To import your goals:

1. In your AdWords account, open the Conversions page. There is a message alerting you that you can link your goals and transactions. Note that it may take up to two days for AdWords to import your Analytics data.
  2. In the Conversion Tracking table, click Import from Google Analytics.
  3. From the list, select the goals or transactions you want to import.
  4. At the bottom of the table, click Import.

AdWords Conversion Tracking starts importing the data from your Analytics account starting from the day you clicked Import.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I have similar issue, I created goals in Analytics and imported them into AdWords, goals are counted in Analytics but doesn't show up in AdWords (that part of completed goals that came through google/cpc)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi. I'm going to jump in and join the line with Anja.

We have a client, whom we track conversions via Analytics, including call tracking from third party successfully. From the surface, it appears that Adwords and GA has been linked correctly (as we do get data coming in from Analytics) but the numbers do not match up.

For the call recording, we have 0% reporting (that is, we get a steady number of calls recorded in GA, but Adwords say Zero), and web events are "marginally" better - with maybe 10% being reported, which only gives us comfort that it's somewhat working.

Any help/insight, would be greatly appreciated.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ken,

Thanks for joining in. Are you asking why AdWords and Analytics don't match or are you trying to import conversions from Snslytics to AdWords? I'm a bit unclear.

AdWords will only track calls that occur via the call extension unless you have AdWords on-site call tracking enabled. Since you are using a third party, on site calls will not populate in AdWords. However, if they are set up as goals, you can import them from Analytics.

As for web events, can you give a bit more detail on jets you are tracking and how? Google Analytics and AdWords track differently but it shouldn't be a situation where one only captures 10%, unless Analytics is using a feature such as event tracking, which isn't possible in AdWords.

Best,
Amy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amy. Thanks for the reply.

Let me try to clarify this - yes, it's not matching up, but I feel that
it's further than that.

To try to explain differently, for this particular client, all the
"Conversions" for Adwords, is set to be fed from Analytics, as we have more
comprehensive goal set with Analytics.

The "calls" is using a third party call tracking company to dynamically
swap out the phone number depending on the source of the traffic, so we are
NOT using the Google provided on site call tracking.

As far as I can see, Adwords have been set up and imported all the
Analytics goal, but no actual goal events are recorded in Adwords, while
the Analytic is reporting both calls and web events.

Thanks in advance.

--
To Your Happiness, Success & Fun

*Ken Ozawa*
PPC Marketing Strategist

<Note: multiple instances of contact information and promotional material edited here, per Community Posting Guidelines>

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Anja, I am facing the same issue. Did you find a solution? Max

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same problem here...