AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions not being attributed to AdWords because of intermediary referral page?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been running an AdWords campaign driving traffic to a landing page where potential customers can fill out a form to schedule an appointment. The form I'm using is from SharpSpring (I've embedded the code into the landing page so that my client can use SharpSpring to track customers etc.).

The issue is that although the AdWords conversion tag is firing, AdWords isn't, I guess, claiming any of the conversions. I think this may have to do with the fact that when the form is submitted, the next page that loads is a redirect page that immediately redirects to the Thank You page where I have the conversion tag placed. I've verified that the tag is firing correctly with Google Tag Assistant.

In GA, I'm recording goal completions and it says the referral source/medium is the redirect url.

Is there a way that I can get these conversions to show up in AdWords? I'm even using 30 day post click and 30 day post view for the attribution window.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Conversions not being attributed to AdWords because of intermediary referral page?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Do you have AdWords and Google Analytics connected?  You could simply use the GA goal conversion as an AdWords conversion. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en

Re: Conversions not being attributed to AdWords because of intermediary referral page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Phillip B,

Thanks for the response. I actually do have them linked and did try that as
a solution. However, those goal completions don't show up as conversions
either. It does show the source for those goal completions in Google
Analytics as the intermediary site however.

I'm still at a loss here.

--
Caleb Reinhold
CEO & Founder - Neutrino Marketing

careinhold@gmail.com
978-387-3884 (cell)
305-814-7096 (main number)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi @Caleb R

In your google analytics put the referral source as an exclusion. i had the same problem but when i excluded the referral site proper attribution was done. 

regards,

zaby

Re: Conversions not being attributed to AdWords because of intermediary referral page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Zaby I just added the domain to the referral exclusion list. I will check back next week and let you know the results!