AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions have not updated in over 2 days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The tracking code is verified, but tracking status in Google Adwords Conversion Actions says "no recent conversions" (which is not true), and the tracking status has not updated in over 2 days. How can I make it update?

Re: Conversions have not updated in over 2 days

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joshua,

You say that it is not true, how do you know this to be the case?

If you mouse over the speech bubble next to"no recent conversions" are the 2 dates the same? The first date will be for when last the conversion code was seen and the second will be for the last recorded conversion.

If these 2 dates are the same then it is indicative of a problem (although not necessarily given only 2 days have past), if however they are not the same then this means that the tag has seen conversion the conversion code but those conversions were not brought in from AdWords.

They could be different but close in time, and this could also indicate an issue.

How often do you normally see conversions, both site wide and from AdWords?

Let me know if any thing changes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your quick response.

I am using WooCommerce with the Adwords Conversion Tracking plugin to track purchases. 

Since Adwords was able to verify the tracking code, I'm assuming it's in the correct place.

There was a purchase on Feb 11, 2016 at 4:25 am.

Here is what I see in the speech bubble (see pic) It's saying it was last seen on Feb 10th at 11:25pm.

We normally have 1-2 conversion per day. 

Capture.JPG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, come to think of it.... it could be a conversion from another source other than Adwords tracking. I assumed it was from adwords because the vast majority of our traffic is from there.
However, that still doesn't explain why it hasn't updated in over 2 days.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joshua,

If you normally only see 1 to 2 conversions a day then I really would not stress at all it is very likely that you could have days with no conversions at such low average volumes. I have seen clients with 30/40 conversions a day have days with no conversions.

Keep in mind that once the tag is verified, does not mean that something could not break in the interim. AdWords will have no idea and thus it will tell you "no recent conversions" if it does not see anything for 7 days (even from other sources) then it will change to "tag inactive".

If you could go to the thank-you page that the code is on and verify that it is there and nothing has changed then there is nothing to worry about at this stage.

Google Tag Assistant is a chrome plug in that is great for helping to diagnose problems. It will tell you if it finds tracking code on the page you are on and if there are any issues with the code.

Good Luck

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Only conversions from an adwords click will be recorded. You can try looking at those 'funnel' reports having to do with first-touch, last-touch and so on, to see if your adwords campaign contributed to those conversions. Even so, running a campaign in general is contributing to conversions and so the next step would be to expand your internet marketing, on other channels.