AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions from facebook & PPC campaigns from the same landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running separate campaigns for Facebook & PPC but the landing page is common. The facebook pixel tracking & Adwords conversion tracking codes are put on the same landing page. The conversion parameter is contact form submission.

Now the problem that I am facing is that I don't know which contact form submission is coming from facebook & which is coming from PPC!!

Can somebody help?

Regards,

Kunal Prasad

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversions from facebook & PPC campaigns from the same landin

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hello Kunal, you can view adwords conversions inside adwords system and facebook conversions inside Facebook, so there must be no confusion because each time when adwords code will fire it will register conversion only inside adwords, not in other system.

Cheers,
Alexey
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

In addition to the above suggestion i would like to add one more thing.

As you mentioned you have placed both the conversion code in the landing page this is actually wrong.You have to place the conversion code in the confirmation page (in your case the page that comes after submitting the form.)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I addition to above answer, you can also use UTM code to track your campaign performance.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Firstly, as explained in earlier posts, the conversion tracking code/pixel should be placed on Thank You/Confirmation page which comes after filling up the contact form and not on landing page.

Secondly, as both Facebook and Adwords (PPC) have different interfaces, one can easily track the conversions separately by just looking at either of the interfaces and it does not require any tracking parameters to add.

But, if you still want to internally track the conversions with its source (whether the conversion came from Facebook or Adwords-PPC) without actually checking the Facebook or Adwords interface then you first have to build an Internal Tracking System to track the conversions and have to Pass the URL Tracking Parameters in order to differentiate the conversion source. For more details on URL Tracking, visit this help page - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en 

You can also create custom parameters of your own rather than using the ones provided in Google Analytics for internal conversion tracking and can name those parameters anything you want to as per your convenience and they will not affect any other parameters or bookings. You can discuss about this with your Technology team and they should help you out with this.

Regards,

Ashish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi. Thank you for your response & suggestions.

Actually the code is put on the confirmation page only. However, facebook pixel is firing as soon as someone is reaching the confirmation page (even if the viewer is reaching through PPC campaign). This resulted in misrepresentation of conversion data. To make it simple & easily traceable, I have now created a new copy of the same landing page+Confirmation page & redirecting the PPC & FB campaigns to separate LPs.

Any suggestions on this approach?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Namrata,

Just curious to know and to clear any confusion I have or I may have mis-understood - as per your first post you said "I am running separate campaigns for Facebook & PPC". Does it mean, 2 Campaigns with different names running in Google Adwords interface only with same landing page or does it mean you are running one campaign in Facebook interface and one in Adwords interface using same landing page? Please confirm.

Don't you want the pixel to fire as soon as someone reaches the confirmation page? According to me it should fire as soon as someone lands on confirmation page.

I need a bit more clarification on how it's causing misrepresentation of conversion data. Is it because you are not able to identify where actually the conversion came from i.e. facebook or adwords? Where exactly are you checking your conversion data which is creating confusion to identify the source of conversion?

Creating separate Landing Pages or using same landing page for both Facebook and Adwords shouldn't make any difference in conversion tracking as both are altogether different interfaces/platforms which you are using/targeting to generate leads.

And according to me creating separate Confirmation page is not required at all. You can and should have only one Confirmation page with Conversion Tracking code of both Adwords and Facebook placed on it.

Waiting for you reply.

Regards,
Ashish