AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions for Enhanced CPC

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I am auditing an account that has several conversion points set up.  Some being imported from Analytics and some adwords conversion tracking.  However, some of the conversions are duplicate information. Example one adgroup is reporting 21 total conversions from all the different types being pulled in however, the true number is more like 4.

My question is will google use all the conversion types to determine the bid with enhanced CPC.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If you have multiple active conversions, then Google would presume them to all be valid, and if they aren't given a value, Google will presume they have equal importance. That's just a logical deduction. 

For example, if you are importing a goal from Analytics, and also counting it as an AdWords conversion (say a thank you page with both Analytics and AdWords code on it), Google doesn't know if you are doing this on purpose or not.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To my knowledge the duplication is a reporting issue and the conversions used for ECPC are AdWords' only.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If you have multiple active conversions, then Google would presume them to all be valid, and if they aren't given a value, Google will presume they have equal importance. That's just a logical deduction. 

For example, if you are importing a goal from Analytics, and also counting it as an AdWords conversion (say a thank you page with both Analytics and AdWords code on it), Google doesn't know if you are doing this on purpose or not.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Yes. All conversions count for conversion based bidding. 

Tom