AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions being reported that aren't related to ads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have an interesting thing happening. I am running an ad campaign and have conversion tracking installed on my registration thank you page. So far, in my Campigns Tab AdWords is reporting that I have no ad conversions for the campaign. However, when I click over to Tools & Analysis > Conversions my campaign conversion code is reporting that it has 5 conversions.

This is very confusing. I am GUESSING that what is happening is that my conversion code is reporting that people have converted organically, not through paid search. IE: They have registered for the event and never clicked the ad. This makes sense BUT I would like to have that functionality confirmed...can anyone confirm that is what is happening? I didn't think that AdWords reported conversions that weren't ad related.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Conversions being reported that aren't related to ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alex,

The AdWords conversion script will only record a conversion if the user had previously, within 30 days, clicked on your ad. Conversion data can be delayed up to 24 hours. If you are looking at today's results, wait until tomorrow and see if you still have the same discrepancy.

Have you looked at which pages produced the conversions? Click on the converion name to see those page URL's.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Conversions being reported that aren't related to ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alex,

The AdWords conversion script will only record a conversion if the user had previously, within 30 days, clicked on your ad. Conversion data can be delayed up to 24 hours. If you are looking at today's results, wait until tomorrow and see if you still have the same discrepancy.

Have you looked at which pages produced the conversions? Click on the converion name to see those page URL's.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords